Easy Contents Jumps
Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues
In Short By My App Working To Fix Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues
You can check the Platform Status page for Facebook to learn the problem. Third-party apps always come to the rescue. You can download Downdetector or Downhunter to know the server issues. Sometimes, you experience other glitches like slow connection, app crashes, and other issues. In this case, you can follow this guide to fix Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues.
User Review( vote)
No other social media app can match the popularity of Facebook. It is one of the biggest social media apps that keep you entertained all day. Once you start scrolling through the feeds, there’s no turning back. It keeps you engaged for hours with innovative as well as informative posts. There is a vast craze for social media amongst youngsters. We can notice the increasing demand for chat apps that allows free video, audio, and messages. Teenagers download all the social media applications like Instagram, Whatsapp, or Messenger on smartphones.
One of that great examples is Facebook messenger. We all know that Facebook is a widespread social media platform that you can use on all devices, including iPhones, computers, and smartphones. After high demand for chat apps, Facebook decided to launch an in-built app that works with your Facebook account. The messenger app seems similar to Whatsapp but comprises some additional innovative features. We can say that Facebook Messenger has taken chatting to another level with its fascinating ways of engaging conversations.
Most of us prefer using the Messenger app with a Facebook account. It offers efficient ways to chat with friends and even strangers. You can make new friends through the Messenger app in your city, that doesn’t mean that it is a dating app. Jokes apart, Messenger is beneficial in its ways. You can install the app on your smartphone to send and receive messages. The app has grown interactive with more features and updates in recent years. It allows you to utilize stickers, reactions, voice calls, video calls, group chats, emojis, memes, and more. Feature-packed doesn’t mean that it won’t have problems.
Before you go mad on the application, it is better to check if it suffered a server outage. Facebook servers rarely go down, but there are some occurrences of this occurring in the past. You can check the Platform Status page for Facebook to learn the problem. Third-party apps always come to the rescue. You can download Downdetector or Downhunter to know the server issues. Sometimes, you experience other glitches like slow connection, app crashes, and other issues. In this case, you can follow this guide to fix Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues.
Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues
Messenger not working iPhone
Are you Facing network issues while using the Messenger app? Well, you are not alone. There are many Android and iOS users who faced network glitches while browsing Facebook. At first, re-insert the SIM card and the memory card if available. You must turn off the device before taking out the SIM tray. You can utilize airplane mode to solve the network issues. Sometimes, you bang your head knowing that it was simply the network signal problem. So, make sure the phone receiving sufficient network signal and data package to bowse the Messenger app. Some users complained that the notifications did not pop up after a new message is received. You can solve the error by following the steps given below.
- Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
- Select Airplane Mode to enable on.
- Wait for a few seconds, and disable the option.
- Visit the Settings of the device.
- Tap on App list, then search Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on Notifications and check whether it is allowed.
Messenger problem today
Now, you have to fix the most disturbing app crashing problem. Android users are disappointed with many troubles in the software. That doesn’t indicate that your purchase was useless. You can efficiently solve the app issues when it interrupts your activities. Both iPhone and Android have a different interfaces. So are the troubleshooting ways. You can force stop the app to remove software glitches in the app. It will remove all the data from the app and initiate a fresh start.
Force stop in Android:
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Tap on the Apps list and click on the Application Manager and All tab.
- Find Facebook Messenger and click on it.
- Tap on Force Stop to close the app.
- Now reboot your smartphone.
Quit App iPhone:
- Double-tap the Home button to begin the fast app switcher.
- Visit the Facebook Messenger screen you want to stop.
- Swipe up on the app card you want to close by flicking it upward and off the display.
Fix Messenger problems
Both iPhone and Android users encounter social media app glitches like slow connectivity, calls not connecting, messages not sent, and more. The problem ordinarily happens while using particular connectivity for internet usage. You can discover a glitch while using Wifi or mobile data. The settings of the phone can have a defect. You can adjust the settings of your phone using the reset network settings option.
For iPhone Users:
- Visit the Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the General option, then Reset.
- Now, Tap on Reset Network Settings.
For Android Users:
- Visit the Settings section of the device.
- Select the System option, then Advanced.
- After Reset options, tap on Reset network settings.
Messenger not working Now
Android users have proclaimed that they don’t receive notifications when they receive a voice message. It is an intricate difficulty, but we have a solution. While installing the app, you might not have allowed all the required permissions to access the app. The app might misbehave if you overlook any of the app permission required to access the app. Follow these steps to allow the permissions asked by Facebook Messenger.
App Permission Android:
- Visit Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Select the option to see all installed apps list.
- Now, search and open Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on the Permissions and allow all.
App Permission iPhone:
- Visit the Settings Option from your Home screen.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Tap on Facebook Messenger to see app lists.
- Tap the switch beside each application to allow or deny access.
Messenger outage today
All the app store applications on Android uses the cache system to save some data instantly. It becomes imperative to enhance the app performance and eat fewer data. Although the cache can corrupt the app’s data, that will hang the app while executing urgent activities. The probable step to delete the Messenger issues is to clear the caches of the application.
Remove Cache Android:
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Select the Application Manager under the apps.
- Click on the All apps list.
- Find and click Facebook Messenger.
- Select the Clear Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Click on Ok to confirm.
Remove Cache iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll and search the General options.
- Tap on the iPhone storage section.
- Search for Facebook Messenger from the list.
- Tap on the delete cache memory.
Solve Messenger Issues
Removing the Google account solves the Messenger issue if it occurred with the Google account. You have to delete the linked account, but you can lose your favorite apps. You must be careful while initiating the steps. The iPhone users can also execute the same method to eliminate the Facebook Messenger issues.
Remove Google Account:
- Log out from the Facebook Messenger app on the device.
- Navigate to Settings and select Accounts.
- Switch to Google and pick the Google account linked.
- Tap on the Menu option that is three vertical dots.
- Select the Remove account option.
- Restart the smartphone and visit Settings.
- Select Apps > All > Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on Clear data and uninstall updates.
- Reboot the device now. Visit Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Facebook Messenger App and install the updates.
- Add the Google Account again.
Remove your associated device:
- Navigate to the Settings> [your name].
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Tap and check Apple ID or sign in.
- Scroll to iTunes in the Cloud section.
- Select the Remove This Device option.
Messenger not sending messages
The latest version generally comes with new features and assist in solving issues with safety and bugs occurring in the previous versions. The company carries the updates by a system attributed to as OTA (over the air). You will receive a notification when an update is available on your smartphone. After installing the update, it might take few minutes to complete the task. Follow these steps to update the device via phone settings.
- Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap on the About device.
- Now, tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
- The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
For iPhone Users:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates.
- Select automatically download and install updates.
So, this was the troubleshooting guide to Facebook Messenger Not Working Issues. Facebook is beneficial if you manage it sensibly. It allows the users to discover new friends and old friends, but you must be careful before trusting anyone you meet on Facebook. Make sure you don’t share personal details on Facebook to circumvent potential frauds or threatening. Moving on, if you still face issues while using the app, contact the app customer support. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to solve the app glitches. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends facing the same issue.