Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone (Solved)
In Short By My App Working To Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone (Solved)
If you are here, then you must have experienced Gmail troubles. There are many problems related to Gmail, such as emails not sending or receiving, app crashing, you can’t find user names, and many more. Are you facing difficulty while sending urgent emails? Then, you are at the right place. We will help you figure out the issue and solve it. Begin the guide to Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone.
User Review( votes)
Gmail is the free mailing platform of Google that barely needs an introduction. No matter which device you are using, Gmail plays a specific role in day-to-day life. I must say that there is merely any easier mailing option compared to Gmail. It offers free mail services to Android, iPhone, Windows, or any other compatible devices. However, some users hardly face Gmail problems as they rarely use the app. These users recognize the issue when they face difficulty while sending or receiving urgent mail. The situation becomes worse when they cannot log into their accounts.
Not only domestic users but the Gmail app is utilized by huge companies as well. People around the world employ Gmail for sending official emails via business accounts. It has a variety of features that can make your emails attractive and engaging for readers. It allows editing text, adds pdf, images, coloring text, videos, gif files, and more. You can send a mail to various persons at once. Overall, Gmail offers a convenient way to send and receive emails with an active internet connection. You can block a spam contact as well. Gmail has developed rapidly after the official introduction of Android.
If you have purchased an Android device, then a Gmail account becomes a necessity. You will need a mail ID to access various Google services like Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Play Games, Google Docs, and many others. It becomes helpful to secure sync among available apps and assistance. Gmail started with simply mailing arrangement, but now it offers free video conferencing to the users. In the present era, Gmail services matter a lot, especially in corporate jobs. Now, you need to send a mail to the organization to ask for a simple day off.
Besides many benefits, the Gmail app might stop working sometimes. Any device can face Gmail glitches that become annoying for users. It becomes difficult for users to recognize the reason behind the app problem. If you are here, then you must have experienced Gmail troubles. There are many problems related to Gmail, such as emails not sending or receiving, app crashing, you can’t find user names, and many more. Are you facing difficulty while sending urgent emails? Then, you are at the right place. We will help you figure out the issue and solve it. Begin the guide to Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone.
Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone
Gmail not working on Android
First of all, we will solve the network glitches that are a primary issue with any device. If you don’t have a stable network, then it is probably that your Gmail account undergoes loading errors. You can turn off the mobile data or Wifi connection, wait for few minutes, then turn it on. It will solve the glitches in the internet server. Check if the phone is receiving full network coverage as Gmail requires an internet connection. Airplane mode can assist in solving network errors. Reset network settings can also fix any network-related problems of any smartphone.
- Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
- Select Airplane Mode to enable on.
- Wait for a few seconds, and disable the option.
Reset Network Settings (Android):
- Visit the Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the General option, then Reset.
- Now, Tap on Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings (iPhone):
- Visit the Settings section of the device.
- Select the System option, then Advanced.
- After Reset options, tap on Reset network settings.
Gmail problems receiving emails
Sometimes, the users notice that they cannot sync Gmail accounts on the device. The problem can occur when the device’s memory or Gmail storage gets fully occupied. Some users complain that the Gmail account keeps logging out. Sometimes, the Gmail account gets blocked. If you experience a blocked account problem, then file a complaint to support. For syncing your Gmail account and clearing storage space, follow these steps.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap the side menu button at the top-left corner.
- Tap Settings at the bottom.
- Select your mail account.
- Scroll to the bottom. Under Data usage, enable Sync Gmail.
Clear Storage Space:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Storage.
- Select Internal shared storage to view storage usage.
Gmail down today
You might face difficulty while accessing your account when the issue occurred on the company’s end. Server problems are highly probable while accessing Gmail accounts. You can’t send emails or receive emails when the server is down. You can find the server problem by Google social media accounts. They will notify you when they undergo any issues related to Gmail services. If you can’t access your Gmail account, you can remove your account from the phone and add another Gmail account.
Find if Server Down:
- Visit www.downdetector.com
- Search Gmail website.
- Check if there are server error reports when you face Gmail down the problem.
Remove Gmail Account:
- Open the Gmail app and check the list of Google accounts on your device.
- Next, tap on Manage accounts on this device.
- Select the mail account that you use with Gmail.
- Tap on the Remove account button.
Gmail not working on iPhone Android
Force stop helps you to clear the data of the app and starts it from scratch. As you all know, the app stores some data in the working device to offer smooth performance in the future. Although, the phone doesn’t require this data for an extended period. You can force stop the app that removes glitches in the current version of the app. Verifying your account is necessary to keep your account safe from hackers. In some cases, the account gets blocked if not verified. You can follow the steps given below to force stop and verify your Gmail account.
Force stop in Android:
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Tap on the Apps list and click on the Application Manager and All tab.
- Find Gmail and click on it.
- Tap on Force Stop to close the app.
- Now reboot your smartphone.
Verify the account:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Tap your profile pic in the upper right corner, and select Manage your Google account.
- Tap the Security tab and find the Ways we can verify it’s your option.
- You must complete Recovery Email and Recovery Phone.
Gmail account problems
If you still face the problem, then open a Gmail account on another device. It will help you check the situation of your Gmail account. You can open your Gmail account on a PC or laptop. There you can know if your account has any severe problems. Some malicious or spam messages can also corrupt your Gmail account. So, you must never open a link sent by an unknown third party. These fraud messages lure you and enter your Gmail account to grab all personal details.
Remove Cache Android:
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Select the Application Manager under the apps.
- Click on the All apps list.
- Find and click Gmail.
- Select the Clear Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Click on Ok to confirm.
Remove Cache iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll and search the General options.
- Tap on the iPhone storage section.
- Search for Gmail from the list.
- Tap on the delete cache memory.
Gmail not working on Chrome
In the last method, you have to check if an update is available. Updating the app as well as system software is equally necessary. Any device requires an update to offer smooth performance to the users. You have to keep your device updated to experience glitch-free activities. If you have missed an update, then follow the steps to update the software of the device. You can factory reset the device if the problem is severe.
- Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap on the About device.
- Now, tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
- The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
For iPhone Users:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates.
- Select automatically download and install updates.
So, this was the troubleshooting guide to Fix Gmail Not Working Today Android iPhone. You usually don’t expect that a well-known app like Gmail can give you trouble. The users get frustrated when it shows its weak side. Although, app issues generally occur due to software problems. You can visit Gmail’s Twitter account or their social media account to log a complaint. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the smartphone issues. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family facing the same problem with the iPhone or Android app. You can also reach us if you though we missed out on some points.