Easy Contents Jumps
Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues
In Short By My App Working To Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues
In recent days Google Map has been troubling smartphone users with the various problem. They complained that the connection is slower than usual or does not display accurate search results. Some users also reported that they are facing difficulty in finding their smartphone location or send locations to their friends or families. If you desperately want to fix the GPS issue, we are here with solutions to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues.
User Review( votes)
Do you remember the days when we use to search different places on a physical map? Well, it was fun, but not at all beneficial. We all know the trouble of finding a location in a physical map, and we no longer use those pieces of paper. No one has time in this busy-going world. The technologies have helped us a lot to save our precious time. Now, you can accomplish any task or get answers to every question through smartphones, tablets, and laptops. We always prefer a device which we can carry with us everywhere. Although, it must not ditch you in difficult situations.
Your friends call you a fool if you took out a physical map to find locations while driving on a trip. You will never want to ask strangers for locations if you visit a new place. Hence, GPS comes to your rescue. Digital assistance is powerful enough to help you all the time. Google Maps is one of the best apps when talking about navigation applications. It not only assist you in locating accurate locations but also show you the shortest routes available. You can also find traffic conditions in your area to prefer other ways.
GPS (Global Positioning System) is available in almost every device these days. It not only avails you GPS facility but also enhances internet browsing. The device will automatically find your location if it is enabled. The food delivering app also employs GPS services to get your accurate locations for fast delivery. You can also find your phone if you lost it anywhere. You can know the distance between two places by walking, car, bike, or public transport. You have to enter both the locations and tap. It is a user-friendly application that usually comes by factory default.
The company has recently updated the Google Map application that has added a new feature. Now they have combined cab and auto assistance for directions. In recent days Google Map has been troubling smartphone users with the various problem. They complained that the connection is slower than usual or does not display accurate search results. Some users also reported that they are facing difficulty in finding their smartphone location or send locations to their friends or families. If you desperately want to fix the GPS issue, we are here with solutions to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues.
Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues
Google Maps Showing The Incorrect Location
First of all, check the network signal of the smartphone. You can re-insert the SIM card if the device is not receiving a sufficient network signal. Never forget the turn off the phone before taking out the SIM tray. Every application download from the app store requires permission to access some of the other in-built device features. Similarly, the GPS app requires access to an inbuilt GPS sensor to work accurately.
- Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
- Select Airplane Mode to enable on.
- Wait for a few seconds, and disable the option.
Check Location service:
- Open Apps & Notifications from Settings.
- Navigate to the All App option.
- Now, search for Google Maps and then check for Permissions.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Privacy and select Location Services.
- Toggle the switch next to Location Services.
- Search for Google Maps Application.
- Choose While Using the App or Always.
Google Maps Not Working While Driving
Google Maps undergo various issues like app crashing, not showing results, and loading slowly. We all know the benefits of using navigation apps from Google. It has become essential while traveling anywhere. The app does not have any difficulty showing you the most suitable route, but there are moments when it can crash, and you will get stuck at a place. In this case, the force stop option will help you.
Force stop in Android:
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Tap on the Apps list and click on the Application Manager and All tab.
- Find Google Maps and click on it.
- Tap on Force Stop to close the app.
- Now reboot your smartphone.
Quit App iPhone:
- Double-tap the Home button to begin the fast app switcher.
- Visit the Google Maps screen you want to stop.
- Swipe up on the app card you want to close by flicking it upward and off the display.
Google Maps Directions Not Working
As we have told you earlier, the apps require some permissions to get access to an app. Not only GPS permission, but it also requires some other requirement to access your phone details. You can re-install the app to access the permission option or follow these steps.
App Permission Android:
- Visit Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Select the option to see all installed apps list.
- Now, search and open Google Maps.
- Tap on the Permissions and allow all.
App Permission iPhone:
- Visit the Settings Option from your Home screen.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Tap on Google Maps to see app lists.
- Tap the switch beside each application to allow or deny access.
Google Maps Not Working Today
Caches are unwanted data stored in the smartphone. It doesn’t need your permission to get downloaded. It corrupts the files, data, and folders of the phone if not dropped on time. Hence, the app impacts your actions. The application also accumulates cache including, Google Map. You can delete these caches systematically to experience smooth app activities. Follow these steps to remove the caches from the smartphone app.
Remove Cache Android:
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Select the Application Manager under the apps.
- Click on the All apps list.
- Find and click Google Maps.
- Select the Clear Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Click on Ok to confirm.
Remove Cache iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll and search the General options.
- Tap on the iPhone storage section.
- Search for Google Maps from the list.
- Tap on the delete cache memory.
Calibrate google maps
Sometimes, the app work too slowly compared to usual. You can calibrate the GPS so that it works smoothly again. Some smartphones don’t have the facility to calibrate the phone features. You can download a third-party app like GPS Status tool and GPS Status & Toolbox. You can also try the reset network setting option to solve all network-related problems. It will also solve other network-related glitches with Wifi, Bluetooth, and mobile data.
For iPhone Users:
- Visit the Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the General option, then Reset.
- Now, Tap on Reset Network Settings.
For Android Users:
- Visit the Settings section of the device.
- Select the System option, then Advanced.
- After Reset options, tap on Reset network settings.
Google Maps Problems After Update
Some users have reported that they faced issues after installing the recent update. The app results are not accurate anymore after an update. You can download the earlier version of the application. You can also check for a software update. It can fix all the issues of the software, which occurred due to software bugs. Both iPhone and Android device requires a software update to work without any problem.
Download an older version of the app:
- Uninstall Google Maps.
- Navigate to APK Mirror or any other APK hub online.
- Download an older APK version, but not older than two months.
- Grant permission to install apps from untrusted sources.
- Install the APK and give it a go.
- Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap on the About device.
- Now, tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
- The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
For iPhone Users:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates.
- Select automatically download and install updates.
So, this was the troubleshooting guide to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issues. You can solve the Google Map issue without any help, but you need to be patient. Executing only a method from the list will never solve the app issue. There are various reasons for the smartphone GPS problem, so you have to follow all the steps. You can contact the app customer support by email or Twitter if you still notice the glitches. I hope you liked this article, and it helped you to fix the smartphone issues. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends facing the same glitches with the navigational app.