Easy Contents Jumps
- Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone
Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone
In Short By My App Working To Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone
There are many problems with Google Photos like photos are not showing, backup and sync issues, the app’s not working, and many more. If you’re on this page my friend, then let us share with you something. We can help you to solve these problems. In this Guide Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone, you’re going to know about the problems and what will be their solutions. So stay with us to the end.
User Review( votes)
We love to capture our special moments with us forever, and Photos does these things very well. Whenever we go to a new place, or family function, we are always ready to click pictures and share them with our near and dear ones. As time flies, these pictures are the only thing that reminds you of those best days that we spent. We make a lot of memories by clicking Pictures our Phone’s storage also gets full, for which we couldn’t save more and more pictures.
That’s why we buy a secondary memory to save more memories. But isn’t it an unnecessary thing to buy because after all, it comes with limited storage? You Know what, our Techno Experts made such software that can not only save and share our pictures and videos but also give us unlimited free storage space. As in today’s generation photos sharing is the most trendy thing, there are such apps that give the facility but nothing is best than Google Photos. Google Photos has all the features that we need.
Google Photos officially launched in 2015, which can store photos, videos, short clips, and many more media files taken on your phone. It also allows the users to share those with family and friends. It also offers unlimited and free storage, so that you can store as many media files as you want without getting worried about the storage space. Presently billions of users are using Google Photos in both Android and iOS. The app crossed 500 million users by May 2017. In June 2020, the app got itself a different logo.
Apart from these advantages, Google Photos might not work well sometimes. Most users shared their issues that using Google Photos they are facing some glitches, and the reason behind it is hidden. There are many problems with Google Photos like photos are not showing, backup and sync issues, the app’s not working, and many more. If you’re on this page my friend, then let us share with you something. We can help you to solve these problems. In this Guide Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone, you’re going to know about the problems and what will be their solutions. So stay with us to the end.
Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone
Google Photos not showing all photos
Most of the time we saw that Google Photos are not showing all the photos which are stored in our phone storage or SD cards. Most of the users are also unknown about the reason behind it. You just need to clear the cache so that it could clear out if there is something malicious. These are some steps to clear cache for both Android and iOS. Follow it as mentioned.
Remove Cache Android:
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Select the Application Manager under the apps.
- Click on the All apps list.
- Find and click Google Photos.
- Select the Clear Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Click on Ok to confirm.
Remove Cache iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll and search the General options.
- Tap on the iPhone storage section.
- Search for Google Photos from the list.
- Tap on the delete cache memory.
Google Photos not backing up all photos
Before backing up your photos, you need to check that there should be a proper data connection. One more thing, make sure the photos or videos you want to backup is not exceeding the limit given by Google photos because it can’t back up large media files. You also received some notification regardings your backup action, so check up on it do the solutions as needed.
Checkup Backup Status:
- Go to Google Photos on your device, and sign in with your Google account.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner and select Manage your Google Account to see your backup status.
These are some of the messages you might get, as well as the corresponding fixes.
- Waiting for connection/Waiting for Wi-Fi – You should reconnect to Wi-Fi or switch to mobile data.
- A photo or video was skipped – The photos or videos you upload don’t meet the requirements of Google Photos. You need to know that photos larger than 75 MB or 100 megapixels and videos larger than 10GB cannot be saved in the cloud.
- Back up and sync is off – Google Photos’ auto-sync and the backup feature are disabled, so you have to click Turn On to re-enable it.
- Backing up photos/Backup complete – Your photos and videos are right now in a state of being uploaded or have been backed up successfully.
Google Photos backup and sync
If you want to store your memory forever or access your photos from any device, you should have to sync them with your Google account. As we know that Google Photos gives unlimited free storage so put your photos there and relax of getting storage full issue. These are some simple steps you need to follow to sync your photos with Google.
- Open the Google Photos app on your device.
- Tap the Profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Click on Photos Settings
- Select back up & sync.
- Tap Back up device folders
- Enable the folders you’d like to upload automatically.
- Hold on for some moment while it finishes backing up. Now you can view them on any device connected to your Google account.
Google images not working
Most of the time we face network glitches, due to which the app may not work properly. If such happens then must be some network issues. You can turn off the mobile data or Wifi connection, wait for few minutes, then turn it on. It will solve the glitches in the internet server. You need to check if your phone is receiving full network coverage as it requires an internet connection. Airplane mode can help you in solving network errors. Reset network settings can also fix the network-related problems in any smartphone.
- Navigate to the Settings section of the device.
- Select Airplane Mode to enable on.
- Wait for a few seconds, and disable the option.
Reset Network Settings (Android):
- Visit the Settings of the phone.
- Tap on the General option, then Reset.
- Now, Tap on Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings (iPhone):
- Visit the Settings section of the device.
- Select the System option, then Advanced.
- After Reset options, tap on Reset network settings.
Can’t see pictures on Google Photos
In this method, you have to check if an update is available. Updating the app is a necessary thing to work the phone properly. You have to keep your device updated for glitch-free activities. If you have missed an update, then follow the steps to update the software of the device. You can reset the device if the problem is not solved.
- Your phone must have a good Wi-Fi Network. Without the internet, you cannot install the update.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap on the About device.
- Now, tap System Updates.
- Search for Updates in the settings.
- If updates are available, then download and install the latest Android version.
- The smartphone will restart after the installation process.
For iPhone Users:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates.
- Select automatically download and install updates.
Google Photos App issues
Force stop helps to clear the data of the app and starts it again. As you all know, the app stores some data in the device for its better performance. You can also force stop the app to removes glitches in the current version of the app. Always verify your account to keep it safe. You can follow the steps given below to force stop and verify your Gmail account.
Force stop in Android:
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Tap on the Apps list and click on the Application Manager and All tab.
- Find Google Photos and click on it.
- Tap on Force Stop to close the app.
- Now reboot your smartphone.
Verify the account:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Tap your profile pic in the upper right corner, and select Manage your Google account.
- Tap the Security tab and find the Ways we can verify it’s your option.
- You must complete Recovery Email and Recovery Phone.
So this was the troubleshooting guide for Fix Google Photos Not Working in Smartphone. Popular apps like Google Photos are used in our day-to-day life, but these apps can be miserable at some point. Mostly we face such issues when there is software trouble. Make Sure you always reach out to Google Twitter Handle or their social media account for issuing complaints. I hope you liked this article and it helped you to fix the smartphone issues. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family facing the same problem with the iPhone or Android app. You can also reach us if you thought we missed out on any point.